Intermediate Interior Designer
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a keen interest in the integration of architecture and interior design. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to grow into a leadership position, with the opportunity to shape the expansion of an important area of our award winning practice. The ideal candidate will be creative, self-motivated, and curious, with an innate ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic and innovative team.
Individual will be responsible for design and presentation of interior design projects, including space planning, concept, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration tasks. Individual will work directly with Project Leaders (Principals, Project Designers, and Project Managers) and coordinate with the project team to plan, design, and furnish interiors on a variety of project types, including higher education, commercial office, residential and other projects.
- Lead interior design efforts, including conceptual design, space planning, schematic design, design development, and construction documents for interiors and FFE projects.
- Lead assigned tasks as part of the Project Team, under guidance of Project Leaders.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Project Team, including architects and consultants.
- Develop and deliver graphic presentation materials and design documentation for architectural interiors, including visuals and samples.
- Research, select, and document the overall interiors package for a variety of architectural projects, including but not limited to full FFE:
- Concept/style development
- Color palette selection
- Interior finish material selection
- Furniture and fabric selection, and specifications
- Fixture and equipment planning, selection, and specifications
- Create construction documents, including construction details, ADA and exiting drawings.
- Manage and control FFE budget within scope of overall project budgets.
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project as needed.
- Conduct on-site observations during construction.
- Process submittals, RFI’s, and substitution requests during construction.
- 5-10 years minimum of relevant design experience in interior design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- Exhibit strong leadership and relationship-management skills
- Exhibit ability to clearly communicate ideas and solutions
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving
- Possess a clear and comprehensive design sensibility
- Understand the integration of architectural detailing and design
- LEED Accreditation
- NCIDQ Certification
- Strong proficiency in BIM and drawing software, including Revit and AutoCAD
- Proficient in 3d modeling and visualization software, including Sketchup and Rhino
- Proficient in digital presentation software, including Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and structures related to interior architecture
- Expert knowledge of FFE, color and materials.
- Expert knowledge of furniture systems and specifications
- Advanced knowledge of sustainable products
Please send a digital copy of the following to email@example.com
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the position
- Your current resume, including references
- Your portfolio and/or work samples (single PDF, maximum 10mb)
Links to online portfolios are considered supplementary.
Moore Ruble Yudell is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website at moorerubleyudell.com to learn more about our office.