Urban Designer / Planner
We are seeking a talented Urban Designer/Planner to join our growing national and international practice in urban design, campus planning, and mixed-use urban development. This is an opportunity for a mid-level candidate with excellent qualifications to grow professionally through our wide-ranging planning and urban design work, and take her/his career to new heights, with the potential to advance into leadership for this important sector of our award-winning practice. Project types may include campus master planning, mixed-use urban development, transit oriented development and transit-related improvements, housing, design guidelines, land use planning, and urban concept competitions.
A successful candidate will combine strong design and conceptual abilities with solid knowledge and use of data and analytical tools for planning and programming. Ability to work collaboratively within the office team and with clients and regulatory agencies is paramount. Experience in campus planning as well as urban design is highly desired, as are graphic skills in presenting a range of quantitative and ideational information to professionals and the public.
- Collaborate with partners and principals as lead planner and project manager, working with mixed planning and architectural teams
- Lead and/or support project-related presentations to clients and agencies
- Lead the preparation and completion of reports and other planning documentation
- Lead in the use of analytical and quantitative information to support design
- Lead and/or support pursuit of new projects
- Maintain and grow active client outreach efforts
- Develop and expand personal and firm expertise in planning approaches, methodology, and practical project delivery, through on-going research and participation at conferences and other professional events
- Shape, update, and maintain our source planning specific materials and narratives in partnership with firm leaders
- Mentor and develop staff in planning and urban design
- Promote effective and consistent project management and delivery to support successful project outcomes for both clients and the firm
- 5-10 years of experience in planning-related project types (campus planning highly desired)
- Bachelor of Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Design, Planning, or equivalent
- Display leadership qualities, including the ability to lead and/or effectively support community and client stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrate ability to integrate analytical data and criteria into creative planning and design approaches
- Exhibit collaborative working style and ability to incorporate expertise of multiple disciplines
- Advanced degree in Urban Design and/or Urban Planning
- Certification as licensed professional
- Proficient in multiple digital planning and design tools, e.g. Rhino, Revit, AutoCad, Sketch-up, etc.
- Proficient in digital presentation software, including Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of planning codes, principles, and methodology
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills, including ability to develop and organize reports and presentations
Please send a digital copy of the following to email@example.com
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the position
- Your current resume, including references
- Your portfolio and/or work samples (single PDF, maximum 10mb)
Links to online portfolios are considered supplementary.
Moore Ruble Yudell is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website at moorerubleyudell.com to learn more about our office.